Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2005

A Close Shave

This happened to me on 2nd June...I almost got killed....recorded the whole event that same night in my other blog...the personal one.

Today I had a close shave, for a minute I thought I was going to die. It was about 11:30 pm when I was buying bread at Noman general store. I heard a few firecrackers go off but soon found out that it was gun fire as everyone ran to save their lives. I took evasive action too and immediately ran to the store room at the back of Noman along with a few ladies and children (crying) and the shopkeeper himself. I didn't know what was going on. But considering what happened a few days back, I thought this is another one of those sectarian violence scenes and they're probably gonna burn all the shops with us inside. I was reciting the Kalma and everybody else was doing the same. I heard someone say "haath ooper kero ....haath ooper kero!" and then a few more shots. I got a call from Jawad during this time as expected. And Ammi was crying and Jawad was screaming on the phone. Everybody was scared to death. After the continuous shots, some bearded man told us to leave. I rushed out and got home, on my way, the second floor aunty asked me "beta kya hooa?" I didn't reply and ran straight towards my gate where my mom was waiting for me. She hugged me and cried. Later, as the story unfolded, we found out that it was a mobile snatcher who got Nomi Bhai's (a cousin of mine...so, our family was totally involved) cell and rushed into the Variety Lace Center where he held the shopkeeper hostage - held a gun to his head. The police shot him in the leg and stomach with an AK-47 and he got badly hurt with slim chances of survival. I experienced what it was like to be in such a life-threatening situation. I saw death closely...it was scary. But somehow the feeling has vanished away quickly and we're all back to normal already....
we're so dheet.

2 comments:

  1. oh my g0d..damn scary..story...wow...unbelievable..or mayb not s0o much...i dont know..crazy stufff happenin there even though this post is really old now.....but yea...wow!..stayyy sAfe..dude! :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, wow. wow :| that was so tense! :| thank God you're save...

    ReplyDelete