Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

My World of Dreams

In my world of dreams, life is fair. People fall in love for the sake of love. Money is just a means to end, not an end in itself. People put morals, values, and principles ahead of their worldly desires. They don't have to fake success or happiness just so that people can see how cool they are. Individuals are valued on the basis of integrity, honesty, and sincerity. Not on the basis of what kind of car they drive, the watch they wear, or the house they live in.

Marriage is about the union of two hearts, two individuals, two dreams, and two people in love. It is not a set up. In my world of dreams, it is not a financial transaction, an economic tradeoff. It is not about status, or business mergers. It is not about aunties visiting random families, checking their girls from head to toe, evaluating their degrees, their looks, digging out information from their personal lives because they all need virgins for their sons.

In my world of dreams, girls are decisive. They have the strength to reject traditions and conventions. They don't let the society force false social and religious practices on to them. Even if they've suffered at the hands of a male-dominated society, women protect their children from the false code of ethics, the so-called eastern way of life where women are supposed to suffer, sacrifice, and are mere objects that seek materialistic refuge like slaves under dominant male masters who abuse them as they see fit. Sometimes, I try to escape my world of dreams. Nothing is perfect, I understand. But I can't get out, it hurts, I bleed.

In my world of dreams, I will always stay here, safe in this place. Nothing will hurt me. I will keep on working to make the world a better place, and I will keep on trying to put a smile on someone's face every day without being concerned about my own.

In my world of dreams, I would express my thoughts better, I would make more sense, I would have better words to say what I mean, and mean what I say.

1 comment:

  1. i think this world outside dreams as well, its rare but it does :)

    ReplyDelete