Pages

Thursday, October 04, 2012

History

I never thought I'd say this, but my memories are fading away as time passes by. And as I look back, seemingly ordinary events and incidents feel like my little private treasures from the past. I'm afraid of losing it all, and want to write down each and every thing before time gets the better of me.

 I don't know if this happens to everyone, but I have lived with this constant feeling that the past was better than the present. That I have seen and done all that I had to. And yet, when I look back every few months down the road, the people that I met, and the things that I did, appear to be more significant than they seemed to be back then.

The truth is, every single day creates your history. You're either making things happen, or you're letting things happen to you. Either way, every day is significant in some way. And most of the time, we only recognize this significance at some later point in our lives. Like Steve Jobs said, you can only connect the dots looking backwards

It's actually funny I'm writing this tonight, on the fourth of October 2012. A split second decision I made on this very day 9 years ago changed me forever. It made me what I am today.
Don't take anything for granted. Not a day, not a person, and not an event. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Make it count.

2 comments: